"It never gets easier, YOU just get stronger!"
This morning my mom and I were up by 7am ready to complete the boot camp workout inspired by Athena’s blog (FITNESSANDFETA ) from her post Bootcamp: Session 3, Class 1 . I made a few changes to her original workout and came up with the workout you see written in the picture above.
I had to make additional changes while my mom and I were doing the workout. This is exactly what we did:
1. Slow jog (3-5 minutes)
2. High Knees
3. Arm Swings
4. Leg Swings
5. Lower body stretches
Combo 1: Front Lunges (back lunges to modify for knee issues) & Jump Squats
Combo 2: Climbing Plank & Plank Hops (modify with stepping instead of hoping)
Combo 3: Plie Squat & Walking Lunges
Combo 4: Sit-Up with ball pass & Seated ball pass
SUICIDES (complete as many as you can in FIVE minutes)
Run to the first cone, run back to start & touch floor
Run to second cone, run back to start & touch floor
Run to third cone, run back to start & touch floor
PUSH UP PYRAMID WITH RUN
1. Complete 10 push ups, run to cone & back
2. Complete 9 push ups, run to cone & back
3. Repeat for 8-7-6-5, etc. until you are down to 1 push up
OVERHEAD DUMBBELL PRESS PYRAMID WITH SIDE SHUFFLE
1. Complete 10 overhead presses & shuffle to cone & back
2. Complete 9 overhead presses & shuffle to cone & back
3. Repeat for 8-7-6-5, etc. until you are down to 1 overhead press
TRICEP KICKBACK PYRAMID WITH RESISTANCE BAND SIDE STEP
1. Complete 10 tricep kick backs, step out with resistance band & back
2. Complete 9 tricep kick backs, step out with resistance band & back
3. Repeat for 8-7-8-5, etc., until you are down to 1 tricep kick back
1. Ab crunch x10 reps.
2. Leg lifts x10 reps.
3. Bicycle x10 reps. each side
4. Ab roll ups x10 reps.
5. Partner plank with hand clap for 30secs.
6. Plank hold for 30secs.
COOLDOWN & STRETCH
I had to replace the dips with tricep kick backs because nothing was available that we could use for dips. I would have much preferred to do the dips but sometimes you just have to work with what is available to you.
Below is a video to give you a better idea of what the workout looked like.
My mom and I plan to do an early workout every Sunday morning from now on. I already have next weeks workout all written out!